Lists Ahoy

For a while now, I've been skimming over information about bestseller lists including how these lists are put together and what they mean. But I'm starting to catch on to the idea that I might actually need to know this stuff, so I better stop skimming and start reading.

Why? Even though Everglades Wildfire was released June 27, 2007 it remains on Amazon's Hot New Release Bestseller list. It's been as high as 4 and as low as 21. What do I know about this list? Only what it says on the page, "The bestselling new & future releases in Erotica. Updated hourly." Hourly. A person can waste a lot of time looking at that page every hour. As I write this post, Everglades is #5. Here's the link- who knows where it'll be when you hit it. # 7? # 18? Will it have dropped off?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/new-releases/books/227073011

Everglades was also on the general Bestsellers list for a minute. It isn't on there as I write this, but trust me, I spotted it there, as I was checking hourly, in the 90's, a couple times. What do I know about that list? It contains, "The most popular items in Erotica. Updated hourly. " http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/227073011/ref=pd_ts_pg_4/102-2305503-3717729?ie=UTF8&pg=4

Go ahead and take a look if you're curious, but I doubt Everglades will be there because it seems to be more of a Hot New Release Bestseller than a General Bestseller.

But what does that really mean?

I don't know. But I'll let you know what I find out.

Comments

Popular Posts