Like 50 Shades of Grey? Watch Sleeping Beauty (2011)

If you did, I suggest watching Sleeping Beauty.

The main character is a university student who needs cash. (I know, what students don't).  She replies to an ad and starts working as a series of erotic freelance jobs.

Parallels to Shades include:

> innocent heroine struggling for identity
>themes of dominance
>fetishism (but not BDSM)
>non-happily ever ending
>slightly frustrating main character 

The film is available on Netflix (instant view) and since it was acknowledged by film critics, probably available from libraries.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've seen this movie. Strangely disturbing in such a quiet way. It stayed with me, and I kept thinking on it for a while.
I know what you mean. I was a tad disappointed by the end, but I guess I can see why it ended that way.

Popular Posts