a perfect summer cocktail
|my version of this tasty cocktail|
- 1 1/2 ounce rye whiskey
- 3/4 ounce St-Germain elderflower liqueur
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 ounce apple juice
- Champagne, chilled, to top (approximately 3/4 ounce) *Cava or inexpensive is fine.
- Add the rye whiskey, elderflower liqueur, simple syrup, lemon juice and Fuji apple juice to a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Double-strain into a rocks glass filled with fresh ice.
- Top with the champagne.
Personal note: topping the drink with such a small amount of sparking wine will leave you with a nearly full bottle. Why not have one cocktail and then enjoy a glass or two of bubble afterward? This works especially well if you are sharing the event with one or more friends.
- Apple cubes