If I were snooping around your kitchen...

If I were snooping around your kitchen and looked in your refrigerator right now, what would I find?

•Three containers of leftovers: eight hot wings, chicken stir-fry and half a turkey sandwich. I always order too much food when I go out then feel guilty if I leave it behind.
•Four bottles of Founders Red’s Rye IPA - one of my favorites.
•Whole milk, for my lattes.
•Lettuce that is too old to eat.

If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?

I’m tempted to say invisibility but I think that might get me into trouble. How about the ability to imagine something and have it transcribed into words while I sleep….is that a superpower?

If you could sequester yourself for a week somewhere and just focus on your writing, where would you go and what would the environment be like?

I’d go to Tween Waters Inn on Captiva Island, Florida and stay in cottage 101. The screened-in porch has a view of the Gulf of Mexico and the beach is about twenty steps away, just across the street. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant is fabulous. The afternoon is quiet, perfect for writing. Then, after a day at the keyboard, there are great bars and restaurant within walking distance but it’s quiet during the day.

What's the one thing, you can't live without?

Exercise. I like weight training, distance cycling and dance classes best.


I often have a hard time settling down and a good work out wears me out enough to sit down and focus. Also, I get a lot of answers to my plot tangles and character concerns while riding my bike or walking. Sometimes I even carry a small notebook with me, in case something pops into my head.

Find me on Goodreads and read more.

Comments

Popular Posts